Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 7 (Reading Diary): South African Unit

 South African Unit

Dance for Water I could not tell if the rabbit was the protagonist or antagonist. At first, I did not like him because he reminded me of high schoolers who were "too cool" to do anything, but they would use the rewards of other people. Then when the group of animals decided that they wanted to kill the rabbit, I felt sorry for him because I did not want him to die. However, the rabbit was able to escape. It is a bit of a confusing story, but nonetheless, interesting.

Jackal and Monkey This had an unexpected ending. Maybe it's because I grew up with American stories and fairy tales where there is always a happy ending. I cannot believe the jackal would be so sly and evil as to leave the monkey in the noose.

The White Man and Snake After reading a lot of stories from this unit, I could see where the story was going to go about half through the reading. I still enjoyed this one a lot. I found it a bit humorous.

The Judgement of Baboon This was hilarious. I like how it kind of explained why each animal or element did not like the other. It is a bit out there since wood, fire, and water cannot "speak" as it mentions in the story. Nonetheless, it was an interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment