Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 10 (Reading Diary): Tejas Legends

Tejas Legends

I really like this unit! I like this more than the Cherokee unit because it is easier to understand and the content is a bit more....realistic? I am not sure if that is the right word. Nonetheless, this is a good unit to read!

When the Storm God Rides - I really liked this reading because it had great content. I liked the descriptions used in here a lot and it is very interesting. I think I can definitely make a really good storytelling out of this! The storm god kind of reminded me of a Pokemon from the first generation. Hahah.

The Plant that Grows in Trees - The thunder bird comes back in to this story. This story was about how the mistletoe started to grow on trees. Inanimate objects have their own dialogue in here, which I have found common in a few Native American stories.

Why the Woodpecker Pecks - I remember reading this story from someone else's storytelling. I cannot remember who, but the retelling was very good. The original story is a bit more gruesome, but it is still an interesting story.

The Cloud that Was Lost - I really liked this story! This may be my favorite from the unit. I love the personifications within this story. It really adds to the story and made me feel more sympathetic for the little cloud while reading the story. It is such a cute story!

No comments:

Post a Comment