Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reading Diary (Week 11): Faerie Queen

Faerie Queen


Sir Guyon - I LOVE THIS OPENING STORY! I am already in love with the plot. The readings are a bit longer than previous stories I have read, but I think each section has a lot of good details and aren't boring at all so they don't seem like long stories.

The Magic Mirror - I liked this section from the start. I love Britomart's response to the Knight because she wanted to be more than the "typical maiden". I really admire her for that. I like the background stories behind each character as well.

Britomart's Quest - I really like Britomart. She is brave, ambitious, a bit pretentious, and independent. However near the end of this story, Britomart is a bit more feminine. She is pretty much dreaming about a dude. A great contrast to her persona in the beginning of the story. I am stuck in choosing which story I want to write about this week.

 How Britomart Ended Her Quest - After reading this story, it kind of reminded me a bit of Disney's Mulan. Even though it was the end of the story, it ended with the start of another story.  It seems like all the knight stories in this unit were about either fame and glory or a beautiful lady. I still enjoyed it. I suppose each story is fairytale-esque.

No comments:

Post a Comment