Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 14 (Reading Diary): Grimm (Hunt)

Grimm (Hunt)

Hansel and Grethel - I already read the original of this story before, but I still enjoyed it! It is a good first story for this unit! I am guessing that the overall theme of this unit is about children meeting obstacles and they have to figure out how to find their way home.

Thumbling - This is basically, the male version of Thumbelina. I found it interesting and I like how clever Thumbling is. This also has the theme of a child meeting obstacles as he finds his way home.

Allerleirauh - I feel like this story fits better with the Grimm (Crane) unit.

Snow White and Rose Red - I was expecting this story to be related or a sequel to the original Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, but it's not. I think I like this story a bit better anyway. I found it endearing, entertaining, and enjoyable.

Overall, I think this unit is a bit strange. I liked it at the beginning, but then the second half of the reading got very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment