Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reading Diary (Week 13): Grimm Tales

Grimm (Crane)

Fisherman and His Wife - I found this story the most humorous out of the three. The wife is never content with what she has once she realizes that she can wish for whatever she wants. When she finally wishes for the power to control the sun and moon, she ends up back where she started in a small little hovel. This is probably why genies only give out three wishes.

Aschenputtel - I remember reading this earlier in the semester. I think it is in someone's storybook. Anyway, this is my first time actually reading the original and it was more gruesome than I expected. There is a lot of extreme actions taken. Nonetheless, it was an interesting story.

Robber Bridegroom - This was a very surprising story! I did not expect this to happen at all. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable reading it honestly. I don't know how people come up with this stuff.

Six Swans - This was a nice story. I had never heard of it before, but it is actually very popular. It was a nice story.

King Thrushbeard - This is probably my favorite story out of all the ones from this unit. I did not expect the ending at all and I thought it was really sweet! It kind of reminded me of the Beggar King from the Jewish Fairy Tales unit.

Three Spinsters - This story was super funny! I definitely recommend it to people! I think it would be a really good story to do a storytelling over too!

Snow White - I actually did not like this story very much. It was kind of long. I didn't feel like there was a really stand out moment in this story. It was so-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment