Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 12 (Reading Diary): King Arthur

King Arthur
I was originally going to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but I changed my mind last minute to read this unit since it related better with the unit I read last week.

Drawing of the Sword - What a perfect beginning story for this unit! I liked it a lot. I had already knew a general idea of the story, but this was my first time actually reading and I was not disappointed. It was a great story to start out with.

Sword Excalibur - I have always heard of this term and of the Lady of the Lake, but I never brought myself to research it a bit. Now I finally know! This unit is a lot more interesting then I was expecting.

Passing of Merlin - Yikes! What a harsh break up! Poor guy got tricked by the one he loved even though he knew it was going to happen to him anyway.

Sir Lancelot's Vision  - This story was kind of confusing to follow, but I think I still understood it for the most part. I enjoyed it. After reading the note for this, I decided to read through some of the wikipedia pages. I found it very interesting!

End of Arthur - This story was actually difficult to follow. I wish the notes expanded a bit more about Sir Mordred and his plot to kill Arthur. It is fitting for the last story to be the demise of Arthur since this is the King Arthur unit. Not only that, it showed the end of Lancelot and Guenevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment