Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 5 (Essay): The Twenty Two Goblins Unit



The Twenty Two Goblins unit was a really good unit. I really liked all of the stories in it. My favorite thing about this unit was that the stories were so unique. I have never heard most of them with the exception to the Girl and the Thief. That story reminded me of Aladdin from Disney, which I am sure that Disney got inspiration from that story. One of my favorite units is The Girl who Transposed the Heads of her Father and Brother. I thought that story was pretty funny and I liked the riddle in it. However, I did enjoy all of the stories so I do not think I have a least favorite story. I felt that all the stories were very straightforward and easy to understand so they did not need additional notes. I felt that the overview was very accurate and gave a good feel for what the unit is about. I am not sure what additional information could be added to it because I think people are just not aware of this story. I know that I wouldn’t have thought to read through it if I did not respond to Chelsea Zhou’s storytelling post. This reading choice really fitted nicely into my overall reading goals because my goal was to be exposed to more worldly literature. In the beginning of the semester, I chose units that I felt more comfortable with, but now I went outside of that and branched out. From doing so, I ended up really liking the stories that I read. I am not sure I really learned anything from this unit besides do not meet with a monk in the middle of the night at a cemetery. You know something is strange when he tells you to grab a dead body from a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment