Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Here are my favorite storybooks! It was a bit intimidating at first because there are just so many different stories and people have such a different take on each one. Luckily, I was able to find these three storybooks that interested me.

For my first storybook favorite, I chose Constellations: Fact or Myth?. I was drawn into this because of it's title which I found on someone else's blog post. I have always wondered where all these tales come from about constellations because if you just look at them, they are really just dots in the sky. Still, people can come up with the most interesting things about them. The storyline of this is of how Capricorn, Taurus, Sagittarius, and Leo came about. The author has an interesting take on these stories and the introduction was the most intriguing to me.

For my second storybook favorite, I chose The Four Beauties of China. I like how the blog's layout design. It really fit the title and storyline. The storyline flowed very nicely and it was an interesting plot. The storyline is about four beautiful women, whom influence the decisions of powerful rulers of their time and it is from the perspective of an immortal cricket. I have mentioned it earlier, but I am always a sucker for anything having to do with women empowerment or prestigious women making a change. I can see how much time the author put into their blog because everything fit very well together and it was overall very interesting.

For my last storybook favorite, I chose Siren, the City of Clouds. My initial impression of this blog when I first came to it was, "Wow. This is amazing!" It has a very Sci-Fi inspired theme to the blog. It reminded me a bit of Tron: Legacy even though the colors are different. The storyline is about four female rulers of Siren and how they influenced their government. I am not exactly familiar with government, politics, or science fiction in general, but it was still an interesting read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment